4. BRING YOUR CAMERA EVERYWHERE: Remember, it’s your website, anything can be content! Carry around a point and shoot camera in your purse everywhere, or use your phone if the quality is good. You’ll never know when you’ll get a rush of inspiration!
5. Remember, it’s YOUR WEBSITE! Let the creativity flow! Do whatever you want with it. The first few posts may feel a little awkward, but soon you will gain momentum. Blog about whatever you want, as long as your posts are consistent (time-wise). Blogging is a great way to get creative!
Hey there! One of my most frequently asked questions from my readers is how to start a blog, what to know, and the in’s & outs of blogging. I am by no means a pro at this (is anyone?!) and all the advice that I can give you is simply from experience! I’m thinking of turning this into a series… but for now, here are my top 5 tips to look out for when starting a blog:
1. CLEAN LAYOUT: When figuring out how you want to present your blog, try to find the cleanest, simplest layout possible. When I made mine, I picked pretty much the first template that blogger offered me. From there you are able to customize. I personally like white backgrounds, but I’ve seen blogs that look fabulous on black backgrounds as well. I think that white is great because photos really stand out in front of it and really become the “focal point” of your website.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA LINK-UPS: The best way to get your blog out there is to share, share, share. There are tons of programs that can make this easier. For example, I have my facebook page linked up to my twitter so that whenever I post a new blog post on my facebook page, it automatically tweets it as well. Try to send it to your friends to share as well! Limit posting links of your blog to about once or twice a day on social media (you don’t want to get obnoxious about it). ALSO, adding a “pin it” button is really helpful as well and another great way to share your stuff (especially if you’re into cooking and crafts).
3. TAKING PICTURES ON WHITE BACKGROUNDS = your best friend. I think that DIYS look fantastic on white tables, as well as outfit posts (if you can’t be outside, natural lighting will always be the best!)
Do you have a blog? Send it to me! I’d love to take a look!
Love Always, Rachel