Summer is approaching faster than we know it, and I decided to choose a few staple items that I’ll definitely be wearing this summer! These are my picks for the start of the summer, many more picks to come!
1. A knit slouchy, light, loose sweater. This is the perfect cover up over a bathing suit at the beach, or on a cool summer night. Throw it over a sundress. You can practically do anything with it! It’s great, light and perfect for summer. The sweater I chose is from Hollister, and has some very pretty detailing along the trim of it. It’s cardigan style, but does not have buttons. I paired it with a classic staple, cut off shorts and a white loose top… and of course my favorite patent white leather Birkenstocks.
2. A bold, patterned short. This look is perfect for fun summer days! You can also dress it up with a blazer, or dress it down with a denim jacket for a summer BBQ. A bold short will definitely be the focal point of your outfit, and they absolutely scream summer! The shorts I am wearing are from Club Monaco, and are made out of a satiny, dressier material. I paired it with a vibrant purple top to play up the contrast of the shorts. To make this look casual and perfect for swim suit shopping, I put on some worn white converse to complete this summer look.
3. Vest. The vest is a hot summer item! Whether it’s acid wash denim or corduroy, it’s a versatile summer staple to own in your closet. Pair it over skirts or shorts to make an outfit complete. The vest in this outfit is leather and also from Hollister. It was a complete steal at a great sale price of 24$. There is stud detailing, and is lined in a pretty vibrant turquoise. I paired it with another favorite piece of mine this summer (was already mentioned in another style post!), the crop top! To make this look more summery rocker – I paired it with dark wash skinny jeans and sandals. Wear it with free flowing hair and you’re ready for those summer outdoor concerts!
4. Beaded sandals. These beaded sandals are an absolute must for summer! They look amazing with denim as well as dresses, skirts and shorts. The beads add an absolute sparkle to your pretty pedicured feet! Sandals, The Gap
5. The boho summer dress. Perfect & princessy and great for picniks, on the go summer errands or fun girly get-togethers! I paired this one with espadrilles. Periwinkle blue with an embroidered trim . It makes the perfect picnik look! Time to break the watermelon!
These are my staples so far! It’s been beautiful weather where I live, so it was time to bring out the summer clothes! What do you want to see? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org !
see you soon!